ドローンに出会って、丸一年が経過したようだ。
思えばこの一年間、みんなが呆れるくらいドローンに没頭したなぁ。
実は何を隠そう、今まであまりSNSなどでは多くを語らなかったのだが、産業用のラジコンヘリについては、従事して18年になるのだ。
なので、ドローンに没頭しているということは遊んでいるのでもなんでもなく、本業を一心不乱にしているだけなのであーる。
楽しく夢中に没頭して仕事することは、どんな遊びよりも大変だけど楽しいし、僕の感覚では何も変わらないから、まぁ遊んでいるだけなのかもしれないが。
さて、この一年の節目になる今日という日に、尊敬するビデオグラファー石倉大先輩のご依頼で黒部市のPR動画に使う空撮カットを撮影させていただいた。
プライベートでも心の中で「世界の黒部!!」と言いながらゾクゾクしながら撮っていたあの黒部川をテーマにした動画!
早朝から最高の天気で波まで綺麗に立って、ほんとにほんとにとっておきの日になったと思う。
撮影中も移動中も、なんて素晴らしいんだろう。なんて美しいんだろう。なんて幸せなんだろうと感動しっぱなし。
ヘリコプターの仕事は見た目と違って神経がすり減るし真夏がピークなので、毎年シーズンになるととてもナイーブになる。
実は毎年やめたいと思う。でも、続けてきて良かった。
こんなご褒美がまっているなんて。
たまたま出会った校外学習中の小学生達に、僕の仕事の事を聞かれて、もしやこのなかから未来のドローンパイロットが生まれるかもと思い、僕のしてきた、あるいはしている仕事について丁寧にお話させてもらった。
あらためて人様に話することで今日という記念日に僕のラジヘリ人生を振り返る機会を与えてもらった気がする。
ラジヘリと同じだけの時間をかけて、取り組んできた写真。
この二つがくっついたのがドローン。
一年前の今日ドローンとの出会いのときに感じた稲妻のような衝撃。
これを仕事にする!!突き抜けてやる!と自分の直感を信じて、まっすぐに没頭してきて良かった。
依頼よりも機材費の方がまだまだ多いけど(笑)
おれって馬鹿だなーといつも思いつつ
今日は本当に心から良かったと感じた。
どうもありがとう。
English
It looks like a full year has passed since I encountered drones.
Looking back, I really immersed myself in drones over the past year—enough to leave everyone around me amazed.
Here’s something I haven’t talked much about on social media: I’ve worked with industrial radio-controlled helicopters for 18 years.
So immersing myself in drones isn’t playing around at all. I’m simply devoting myself wholeheartedly to my main line of work.
Working with joyful focus is harder than any kind of play, but it’s fun—and to me, it doesn’t feel any different, so maybe I’m just playing after all.
On this one-year milestone, I had the chance, at the request of the senior videographer I deeply respect, Mr. Ishikura, to shoot aerial footage for a promotional video for Kurobe City.
It’s a video about the Kurobe River—the very river I used to film with a thrill in my heart, thinking, “Kurobe of the world!!” even in my private moments!
The weather was perfect from early morning, and even the waves formed beautifully. I think it became a truly, truly special day.
While filming and traveling between locations, I was moved again and again: How wonderful. How beautiful. How happy I am.
Helicopter work takes more of a toll on your nerves than it looks, and its busiest season is the height of summer, so every year I become quite sensitive when the season comes around.
Honestly, every year I think about quitting. But I’m glad I kept going.
I never imagined a reward like this was waiting for me.
Some elementary school students on a field trip happened to ask me about my work. I thought maybe a future drone pilot could be among them, so I carefully told them about the work I’ve done and the work I do now.
Talking about it with others gave me the feeling that I’d been given a chance to look back on my radio-controlled helicopter journey on this anniversary.
Photography is another thing I’ve worked on for just as many years as radio-controlled helicopters.
Drones brought those two things together.
The shock I felt a year ago when I first encountered a drone was like a bolt of lightning.
I’m glad I trusted my intuition, decided “I’ll make this my work!! I’ll break through!” and immersed myself in it wholeheartedly.
I’m still spending more on equipment than I’m earning from commissions, though (laughs).
I often think, “I’m such an idiot,”
but today, I truly feel glad from the bottom of my heart.
Thank you very much.
0 件のコメント:
コメントを投稿