2026年8月24日月曜日

30年目の相棒と、一枚ずつ向き合うチューンナップ

マシンのメンテナンスをしていたら、「この機械ももう30年か」とふと思いました。使いながら手入れして、自分の作業に合わせて改造してきた相棒。最新機種と比べて、時代遅れかなと不安になることもあります。

でも、以前、別のお店でチューンしてベースが出てしまった板をお預かりしたことがありました。機械が新しいかどうかだけではなく、その板の状態と、お客さんがどう滑りたいかを見て作業することが大切です。削りすぎられない板もあるし、アイスバーンが好きな人には手作業でエッジを調整することもあります。

作業の前には、お客さんとの会話を思い返します。どこで滑ったのか、どんな雪が好きなのか、どんな感触を求めているのか。一人ひとりのことを考えて、一枚ずつ向き合います。

料理人にたとえると、最新の厨房機器をそろえて3年の料理人と、道具を大切にしながら30年仕事をしてきた料理人。道具だけでは決まらないものがあります。お客さんから「また滑りに行ってきました」「板が走った」と声を聞けるのが、何よりうれしいです。

夏の休みを経て、今シーズンの作業は9月1日から始まります。工房にもぜひ遊びに来てください。機械はいつか買い替えることになるのかな……とは思いつつ、もう少し一緒にがんばってもらいます(笑)。

Facebookの元投稿と写真を見る

HAPPYのホームページ


Thirty Years with a Trusted Tuning Machine

While maintaining my machine, I suddenly realized it has been with me for thirty years. I have cared for it and modified it to suit my work. Sometimes, when I see the latest machines, I wonder if mine has fallen behind.

But I once received a board whose base had been exposed after it was tuned at another shop. What matters is not simply how new the machine is. I need to look at the board's condition and understand how its owner wants to ride. Some bases cannot take much more grinding; for someone who loves icy conditions, I may make careful hand adjustments to the edges.

Before I begin, I think back to my conversations with each customer: where they ride, what kind of snow they like, and what feel they are looking for. I try to picture the person and give every board individual attention.

Think of cooking: a cook with three years of experience and the newest kitchen equipment, and a cook who has spent thirty years caring for their tools. The equipment alone does not determine the result. Hearing a customer say, “I went out again,” or “The board really ran,” is what makes me happiest.

After the summer break, this season's work starts on September 1. Please come visit the workshop. I know I may have to replace the machine someday, but for now, we'll keep going together (laugh).

Original Facebook post and photos

HAPPY website

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿