2026年8月27日木曜日

ガレージから世界を変える — 野沢温泉スキー博物館で感じたこと

ガレージから世界を変える

テレマークスキー仲間2人とバイクで野沢温泉へ。野沢温泉スキー博物館で、スキーの歴史に触れてきました。

特に印象に残ったのは、1980年代に作られた「ローテック」というビンディングです。当時大学生だった開発者が、ガレージで試行錯誤しながら手作りし、自ら製造・販売。その後ディナフィット社との共同開発で量産され、現在の超軽量ツアービンディングへと発展しました。

「こんな道具があったらいいな」という発想を一人の人が形にし、それが大きなメーカーとつながり、世界中のスキーヤーが使う道具になる。かつて輸入販売していたDJIのドローンも、始まりはガレージでした。アウトドアの世界では、小さな工房から生まれたものが常識を変えることがあります。

僕自身もWakka Shapesというブランドで、ガレージからスキーを作っています。どんな未来につながるかは分かりません。それでも、小さな工房だからこそ既存の常識に縛られず、新しいものを生み出せる。5000年続くスキーの歴史の中で、道具を自ら作ってきた人たちのバトンを受け取ったつもりで、今日も板を作ります。スキーカルチャー最高!

Facebookの元投稿と写真を見る

HAPPYのホームページ


Changing the World from a Garage

I rode to Nozawa Onsen with two telemark skiing friends and visited the Nozawa Onsen Ski Museum to explore ski history.

One exhibit that stayed with me was the “Low-Tech” binding, developed in the 1980s. A university student began making it by hand in a garage, then produced and sold it himself. A collaboration with Dynafit later brought it into production, and it evolved into the ultralight touring bindings widely used today.

An idea that began with one person asking, “Wouldn’t this be useful?” grew into equipment used by skiers around the world. DJI drones, which I once imported and sold, also began in a garage. Outdoor culture is full of small workshops creating things that can change an industry.

I build skis from my own small workshop under the Wakka Shapes name. I don’t know where this path will lead, but there is something exciting about making something new outside the conventions of a large manufacturer. The history of skiing stretches back thousands of years, and the baton passed down by people who made their own tools is still moving forward. I’ll keep building skis. Ski culture is the best!

View the original Facebook post and photos

HAPPY website

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿