2026年5月1日金曜日

変態同士は引き寄せ合う — Wakka Shapesの拗らせビーム構造

「変態の変態による変態のためのワークショップ」 当初そんなことをインタビューされて口走ったわたしだが、ずいぶんと初心のとおりにコトが進んできたものだ(笑) 北海道は森林研究所の木材のプロが来訪。 ケヤキの芯材ブックマッチ。 富山は友人オショーくんとリューちゃんが伐採した立山杉を、見事に木取りして美しい柾目で組んでくれた。 私はせっせとオーダーのとおりに製材するだけ(笑) この後は富山の変態である私が思いつき、同じく変態のモル氏が実行開発した、芯材の外周を途切れない木材繊維で組む「拗らせビーム構造」でフィニッシュ。 今シーズンの滑走テストで素晴らしいフィーリングが得られた構造。完成が待ち遠しいっ。 変態同士は引き寄せ合う。 Facebookの元投稿(写真・動画はこちら)

HAPPY TUNE ホームページ


Kindred Eccentrics

“A workshop for eccentrics, by eccentrics, for eccentrics.” I once blurted that out in an interview. It’s funny how things have unfolded much as I first imagined.

A wood expert from a forest research institute in Hokkaido visited. We used bookmatched keyaki heartwood. Friends Osho and Ryu-chan milled Toyama-grown Tateyama cedar that they had felled, arranging its beautiful straight grain. I simply milled the wood to the requested specifications.

Then I finished the skis with a “complicated beam structure”: an idea of mine, developed and put into practice by Mr. Moru, in which continuous wood fibers wrap around the core. It delivered a wonderful feel in this season’s on-snow testing. I can’t wait to see the finished skis. Eccentrics find one another.

Original Facebook post (photos/video)

HAPPY TUNE website

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿