2026年7月9日木曜日

木と向き合うスキーワークショップ — NAOTOさんの40周年記念の一本

今季ワークショップ製作の一本目は金沢市から通ってくださったテレマークスキーヤーのNAOTOさん。

長年のスキーライフの記念にと製作をしてくださいました。
40周年記念のサインはお孫さんが書いてくれてとても可愛いです。

センターに美しいヒノキ そのまわりには少し重みがある能登ヒバ、両端にはタテヤマスギ、サイドウォールにバンブー(孟宗竹)
木材は全て日本のものを使用。

スキースノーボードといえばグラフィックも性能の一つです。なんだかんだクリア仕上げが多くなるのですがその理由の一つに当ワークショップではどのコースを選んでも木材に向きあって選択して一緒に製材をして芯材を組んでいだいています。木のことについて知ってもらいたいという私のこだわりで強制参加させられます(笑)

ご自身が選んだ木について愛着が湧きますし丁寧に組んで製作されると自然と美しくなります。NAOTOさんの丁寧な仕事もあって細部まで美しさを感じます。

もちろん乗り味も素晴らしいものになります。理論も理由も私にはわからないのですが
「ウホっ と笑顔になる感じ。」で伝わるでしょうか。

日本の木ってすごい!!
って伝えたくてこのワークショップをやってます。豊富な木々が育つ環境、自然と共に木と共に暮らしてきた歴史と文化、技術。私は世界一だと思っています。

もっと伝わればいいのに。海外のお客さんに伝えたいし何より日本国民は全員DIYやればいいのに!!!

つい熱くなりました。話を戻します。

高めのキャンバーでテールフラットフロントロッカー
ベンドも狙ったところに落ち着いたと思います。今はまだ板は硬くてキャンバーも高いのですがエイジングによって狙いどおりの板になって末永くHAPPYに使ってもらえるようになると思います。

丁寧に板の中心をずらさずに配置された芯材の美しさが最上のグラフィックになると改めて感じさせてくれる素晴らしい作品に仕上がりました。

写真と元投稿:2026年7月9日のFacebook投稿を見る

HAPPYのホームページ:https://happytune.jp/


A Ski Made from Japanese Wood: NAOTO’s 40th Anniversary Build

The first ski made in this season’s workshop program was for NAOTO, a telemark skier who traveled from Kanazawa to work with us. He commissioned it to mark his many years of skiing. His grandchild wrote the signature for the 40th-anniversary mark, and it is adorable.

The beautiful cypress runs through the center, with the slightly heavier Noto hiba around it, Tateyama cedar at both ends, and bamboo (moso bamboo) for the sidewalls. All the wood is from Japan.

Graphics are part of a ski or snowboard’s performance, too. We often end up with a clear finish, partly because, in every workshop course, participants choose and get to know the wood, work with me to mill it, and assemble the core. I’m particular about helping people learn about wood, so participation is mandatory (laughs).

You grow attached to the wood you chose. When it is carefully assembled and built, it naturally becomes beautiful. NAOTO’s careful work brought beauty to every detail.

And of course, it rides wonderfully. I can’t explain the theory or the reason, but perhaps “it makes you grin and say, ‘Whoa!’” gets the feeling across.

I run this workshop because I want people to know how amazing Japanese wood is. Japan has an environment where abundant trees grow, and a rich history, culture, and craft tradition of living alongside nature and wood. I believe it is the best in the world.

I wish more people could understand that. I want to share it with customers overseas—and above all, I wish everyone in Japan would try DIY!

I got a little carried away. Back to the ski.

It has a fairly high camber, a flat tail, and a front rocker. I think the bend settled where we intended. The ski is still stiff and the camber is high, but as it ages, I believe it will become the ski we envisioned and bring NAOTO many happy years.

This beautiful piece reminded me that a carefully aligned core, centered precisely in the ski, can be the finest graphic of all.

Original Facebook post and photos: View the July 9, 2026 Facebook post

HAPPY website: https://happytune.jp/

0 件のコメント:

コメントを投稿